Monday, March 29, 2010

Day 36: Amazing Race

What a fun Cub Rally we had in 2008. And not just because our pack came in first in the "Amazing Race". 

I have to say I loved the badge the first time I saw it. I love maps and not only this a map but my neighbourhood is on this map. Our Scout Hall is on this map.

As for the race itself, well, since our pack was sort of the "home" pack for this and it was a series of clues that led packs around town based on local knowledge, it would have been embarrassing if we were not fighting for the lead. Of course, we were quite far behind at one point when not one of our kids would eat baked beans.

Seriously, we had something like eight cubs and the challenge was to eat a can of cold baked beans as fast as possible. We sat there while other packs came and finished. Half our kids would not eat a single bean. One cub ate, I think literally, one single bean and no other cub had more than a two spoonfuls. After a very long time we took pity on the kids and got them to "answer" the clue directly which asked: "How long does it take to finish a can of beans?" or words to that effect.

Our cubs eventually decided that "Never" or "Infinity" was the correct answer. Luckily the clue provider had a sense of humour and we were on our way.

A lot of fun that rally. I'd wish for it to be run again but then someone might "voluntold" me to help.

No comments: