Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 27: Fort Victoria

The badge of the old 8th Fort Victoria who merged with 2nd Fort Victoria one or two years before I got involved in Scouting as an adult.

I sure like this better than our simple shoulder flash (link when I sew it on). Several leaders who I have worked with still have this badge on their shirt. I wonder if I should propose we switch? There is very little acknowledgement of the contribution of 8th visible on our uniform or in our hall.

We retain the 2nd Fort identity because we were lucky enough to own our own hall and 2nd is older than 8th (you can tell by the lower number.) Of course, we are the ONLY Fort Victoria now but apparently if we officially changed the name we "lose" the distinction as the oldest continuous group in the area. Sounds silly to me but I did take the badge above, scan it into my computer and I am making a graphic I hope will be used on our new group web page.

No comments: