Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's this all about?

Before I embark on the first day of a potentially 365-day project I thought I would offer an explanation of what this is all going to be about. There seems to be a fad for "year of..." blogs recently and I would have to be dishonest if I said that was not part of the inspiration. However the subject of what could be a  year-long endeavour is the large, ever-growing pile of badges that has taken up space for something like 30 years.

Sewing one badge per day onto my blanket seems like a good way to get it done. Posting it on the web allows me to share with others and hold my feet to the fire a little bit so that I can finish and finally have the campfire blanket I dreamed about when I was ten.

Although very few got sewn onto my blanket (hence the need for this project) I acquired lots of badges as a youth in Scouting including large piles from the Canadian and World Jamborees I attended. Even when I was not involved in Scouting I collected badges from places I visited. Now that I am an adult leader for my local cub pack I am getting even more.
To be honest, I have only about 110 badges to sew on currently. However I will keep going so long as I have badges to sew, the blanket fills or I actually make it to 365 days. So feel free to send me a badge and see if I can keep this up for a whole year - contact email: tgodwin(at)victoria(dot)tc(dot)ca.

Thanks for stopping by to look.

No comments: