Tuesday, May 8, 2012

BC Parks Anniversary

BC Parks celebrated its 100th birthday on March 1, 2011. This date marked the 100th anniversary of the creation of the very first provincial park in British Columbia – Strathcona Provincial Park on Vancouver Island. - BC Parks Website

On the last night I served as Akela for the pack I was looking for an activity and that afternoon I had received an email detailing a contest to design a badge for the 100th Anniversary of BC Parks. I copied some of the templates, brought my blanket in to the meeting and set the cubs loose.

At least one of those cubs actually submitted their entry because several months later we discovered that Owen's design had been turned into an official anniversary badge. I am quite proud of the design he came up with and at Wolf Howl 2012 last weekend he saw me in my blanket at campfire and asked where the badge was.

Here you go Owen.

No comments: